The University of Southampton has a global reputation for academic excellence. We are in the top 1% of global universities (QS World University Rankings 2018) and a founding member of the Russell Group. We have established our branch campus within the EduCity development in Iskandar Puteri, Johor, Malaysia to enable more students to experience our world-class education.
Our split campus (UK and Malaysia) degree programmes offer the chance to gain a unique ‘Southampton’ education with the first two years in Malaysia combined with the final two years at a world-class research-centred university in the UK. You will graduate with a degree from an internationally recognised university and gain a truly global education experience.
The Malaysia Campus offers world-class engineering programmes including MEng in Mechanical Engineering, MEng Aeronautics & Astronautics, MEng Electrical & Electronic Engineering, and Engineering Foundation Year.
The University of Southampton offers a unique opportunity for students to study a top engineering course in Malaysia.
Gain a unique ‘Southampton’ education experience in Malaysia combined with up to two years at our UK campus.
Be part of a well-resourced, supportive and intellectually stimulating environment that encourages independent learning and enquiry.
Get professional engineering accreditation in both the UK and Malaysia.
Study specialist modules to broaden and deepen your educational experience.
Benefit from academic links with internationally renowned institutions.
Enjoy a very high staff to student ratio at our Malaysia Campus.
Graduate with a highly reputable masters degree from a UK University.
- 2nd in the UK for Electrical and Electronic Engineering (The Guardian University Guide, 2018)
- Top 10 in the UK for Mechanical Engineering (The Guardian University Guide, 2017)
- No.5 for Aeronautics and Astronautics (The Complete University Guide, 2018)
- We are ranked 15th amongst UK universities listed in the Times Higher Education Rankings, 2018
- We are No. 1 in the UK for Graduate Prospects (The Complete University Guide, 2017)