Texila American University (TAU) is an international medical school in Guyana (South America) that provides world-class learning and student experience.
TAU creates physicians and healthcare professionals and prepares them for flourishing careers in their relevant fields worldwide. At TAU, we deliver what it takes to transform dedicated students into qualified and successful professionals. Our students are exposed to an academic environment that is most conducive for higher studies. TAU provides the opportunity to pursue world-class medical programs with hands-on clinical training and advanced infrastructure.
TAU's academic excellence is reflected by the fact that students graduating from this premier institution are among the most sought-after professionals in their respective fields.
What makes us stand apart: The Texila Advantage
TAU is not just a world-class education center, it is a destination to build your future. Here are a few factors that make TAU a preferred institution:
Eminent and highly qualified faculty
TAU's faculty plays an integral role in establishing its high quality of education. The distinguished and knowledgeable faculty of TAU remains committed to providing the best of education and encouraging students to pursue their academic goals.
The academic environment at TAU fosters a bond of knowledge-sharing between the students and the faculty. TAU's green campus boasts of smart classrooms, hi-tech labs, auditorium, conference halls, recreational centers, and other advanced infrastructural facilities.
TAU provides inbuilt training USMLE. TAU follows a unique approach to prepare students for USMLE Step I and II. The pass rate of its students is on par with other USA and Canadian students. Students in the USA clinical track are given orientation towards the USA clinical requirements and Residency.
TAU offers all the support and preparation needed for international medical students/graduates to successfully enter into a USA residency program. It delivers a holistic seminar to help interested students make the mark for their USA residency program.
If you are interested in building your future as a medical professional, Texila American University is the perfect destination to begin your journey.
Texila American University is one of the Top Rated accredited medical university in Caribbean with students from more than 40 countries. Some of the important facts about us are:
- International Faculties from US,UK,India,Philippines and South America under Indian management.
- Options to do Clinical Rotations in USA through US Track. High USMLE pass percentage.
- Recognised by Medical Council of India (MCI), Nepal Medical Council and Bhutan Medical & Health Council. Graduates from Texila are already practiciing in host of counrties including India.
- 3 Options up front to the students who completes program - Medical Residency in USA, Caribbean Countries or India ( Students can start their earnings immediately after the program by opting for medical residency in USA or Caribbean registration )
- Residency option with attractive stipend upon clearing USMLE.
- Secure campus accommodates more than 300 students among 700+ students from multiple countries.
- One of the beautiful tourism destinations in the world. Tropical climate.
- Canteen with Indian, Continental and French cuisine are available .
- Safe and Excellent accommodation with single / twin / three sharing options are available .
- Free inbuilt USMLE / MCI Screening training as a part of the program
- The only University in entire Central American Region which follows LCME accredited curriculum by having an academic partnership with PONCE University.
- Located in Guyana, the only country in the region where 1st language is English
- British Guyana is a country with highest no of Indian Origin people other than SAARC region (Close to 50%)
- Proximity to US - 3 Hrs by flight from Georgetown to Miami.
- Top Rank Medical University in Caribbean
- Accredited by National Accreditation Council of Guyana
- Recognised by Medical Council of Guyana
- Listed in World Directory of Medical Schools.
- Listed with Association of Commonwealth Universities
- Part of the Texila American University Consortium, having university campuses in Africa and UAE also.