|No of Students
||HE Institution / College
||Estimated Cost of Living
||#02-15 Connection one Tower 4, Blk 167 Jalan Bukit Merah
The Baking Industry Training Centre (BITC) began as a partnership between Prima Limited and the Productivity and Standards Board (PSB) as it embarked on a mission to upgrade Singapore’s baking industry into a modern regional center of excellence. On 21st September 1993, the Centre was officially opened by Mr. Lim Boon Heng, then Minister, Prime Minister’s Office and Second Minister for Trade and Industry.
- On 1st October 2010, the Baking Industry Training Centre Pte Ltd was incorporated as a private limited company. The company then changed its name to “Baking Industry Training College Pte Ltd” on 27 March 2014. And in June 2017, the Baking Industry Training College (BITC) became a member of Coleman College.
- As a pioneer baking College, BITC has acquired a reputation for quality teaching by chef instructors who are expert practitioners dedicated to teaching. As a member of Coleman College, BITC will continue its mission to elevate Singapore’s baking industry into a modern regional center of excellence by providing a range of short courses and professional courses at certificate and diploma level to both local and international students.
- Under the new management, a Diploma in Hospitality Management (Patisserie and Baking) has been launched for international students and the first few classes are now being conducted. A Diploma in Entrepreneurship (Patisserie and Baking) will soon be launched and more WSQ and short courses are being developed for both individual students and corporate events.
- As a member of Coleman College, BITC will continue to offer professional training and certification from certificates to diplomas for the Baking industry from its new premises at Block 167, Jalan Bukit Merah, #02-15, Connection One, Tower 4, Singapore 150167. Besides our own short courses, Certificate and Diploma programmes, BITC also conducts Skills Future Singapore’s WSQ and ITEES’ NITEC in Services Pastry and Baking.
- Let us share a little about Coleman College. Started in 1983, we celebrated our 30th anniversary in 2017. Today we provide a range of educational programmes from high school, to engineering, tourism and hospitality, make-up and now baking. As a member of Coleman College, BITC will continue to help upgrade the baking industry by working closely with industry partners to develop and deliver training programmes that will provide our graduates with professional knowledge, skills and competencies to work or start a business in the baking industry.