University Of Veterinary Medicine Budapest
|No of Students
||Estimated Cost of Living
||Istvan u. 2.
University of Veterinary Medicine Budapest (UVMB):
- The diploma students get here ensures outstanding career prospects, a respected, well paid and acknowledged profession.
- After 5.5 years of studies, students receive the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine diploma.
- English language speaking environment: the most international veterinary campus in Europe – 65% of students come from foreign
- European Association of Establishments for Veterinary Education (E.A.E.V.E.) accreditation since 1995.
- This means that the degree received at the University of Veterinary Medicine Budapest is accepted automatically by the member countries
of the European Union and in several other countries of the world.
- Out of the 97 veterinary universities in Europe, the University of Veterinary Medicine Budapest was the 7th that received the European accreditation.
- The preparation for the American Veterinary Medical Association (A.V.M.A.) accreditation is in progress. Until the AVMA accreditation is not obtained graduates are entitled for residency and to practice in North America after the completion of a board exam in Canada and in the US.
- Thorough theoretical foundation of studies, followed by a practical training on how to treat and cure animals.
- The program takes 5.5 years, parallel to the standard curriculum found in most European veterinary programs.
- The 11th (practical) semester includes practical work at the University Clinics and university-associated institutions.
- In 2006 a new up-to-date Small Animal Clinic was opened to provide students, staff and clients with 21st-century facilities for diagnostics and treatment.
- The Large Animal Clinic opened in Summer 2001. It is also used for practical training.
- Centrally located campus, easily accessible by public transport.
- On the campus beautiful old buildings and a green park make students feel welcome and at home.
- Small, friendly campus (all together approximately 1200-1300 students) – students and teachers easily get to know each other.
Fields of career opportunities:
- Small and Large Animal Clinics
- State Office of Veterinary Hygiene
- Public Health
- Exotic animals
- 230 YEARS OF TRADITION
- IN THE TOP 7 EUROPEAN VET SCHOOLS
- THE MOST INTERNATIONAL VETERINARY UNIVERSITY
- 30 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE WITH INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
- VALUABLE EUROPEAN DEGREE
- WELL-PAID PROFESSION
- PRACTISE ORIENTED TRAINING
- SMALL GROUPS