Batumi Navigation Teaching University
Batumi Navigation Training University (BNTU), a maritime higher education institution is located in Batumi, on the Black Sea coast. Georgia is a country with many years of experience in maritime education. The first maritime school in Batumi was opened before World War II.
The history of Batumi Navigation Teaching University dates back to 1998, from foundation of “Batumi Maritime College – Seaman School”. In 2007, the University was established at the premises of Seaman School, successful development of which is continued for more than 12 years.
The Batumi Navigation University holds Quality Management International Standard (ISO) Compliance certificate, has international recognition certificates, recognition of European Maritime Safety Agency (EMSA), the document of recognition of Georgian Maritime Transport Agency. BNTU is an authorized and accredited sectoral education center, holding a special place in the Georgian educational environment with modern equipment and its own training vessel. BNTU cooperates with 11 crewing and 8 logistics companies. The University has contractual research and educational partners in 12 countries worldwide.
There are two faculties in BNTU - Maritime Engineering Faculty and Faculty of Logistics, implementing three vocational, three bachelors and one master degree programmes.
We welcome international students who are eager to challenge themselves with a demanding academic schedule that combines classroom study, field trips, excursions, social events, and more.
Batumi Navigation Teaching University is an open social and educational system aimed at:
- Compliance with international quality standards, integration into the international space, and support of socio-economic and cultural development of the region;
- Provision of equal conditions to receive education in discrimination-free, democratic and fair environment, support of the realization of personal interests and potential, creation of the most preferable conditions for cultural, intellectual, and personal development;
- Training of competitive experts with state-of-the-art knowledge and effective practical skills in Georgia’s and international education and labor markets, formation of motivation of fulfillment of personal, social, and civil responsibilities, professional liabilities, observance of ethical standards, sharing of universal values, personal and professional development;
BNTU in 2025 – Competitive higher education institution, integrated into international education, industry, and scientific space, meeting international standards, work and study in which is equally prestigious. At the same time, BNTU is a reliable partner for educational, scientific, and field organizations, which has a popular brand recognized in the European educational and industrial field.
- Humanism, tolerance, and equality;
- Liberty of speech, freedom of expression, and decision making;
- Fairness, transparency, and publicity of decisions;
- Academic freedom, responsibility, and integrity;