In recent decades, tertiary education has seen a massive increase in external and internal quality assurance (QA) activity around the world. A number of new QA agencies are being formed and reformed as universities and colleges grow in size, number and diversity. A new profession is emerging to meet the demands of QA - one that requires structured academic programmes to educate QA practitioners, stimulate research and inform new initiatives. Developed by the International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE) and contextualized, converted as an eLearning programme by the Virtual University for Small States of the Commonwealth (VUSSC), the Postgraduate Certificate/Diploma in Quality Assurance will be offered and awarded by the University of Mauritius and offered in collaboration with the Commonwealth of Learning (COL) through VUSSC.
Unlike most education and training for the QA profession, which is in the form of short courses, this is a comprehensive academic programme for the training and professional development of QA professionals.
1. Develop well-informed perspectives on the issues and challenges for tertiary education systems and institutions, with a particular emphasis on the role of QA in a dynamic sector.
2. Apply the knowledge and skills to engage more confidently and effectively in the tasks of leading people, influencing policy, and implementing QA policies and processes at both the system and the institutional level.
3. Research and document higher education systems with recognised methods and approaches.
4. Ensure quality provisions in higher education sector both in the public and the private sector.
5. Develop mechanisms to implement quality assurance systems with respect to transnational higher education provisions.
|Duration||02 Year||Average Processing Time||10 Days|
|Tuition Fee (International)||5500 USD||Application Fee||50 USD|
|Living Cost||11000 USD||Additional Fee||
The fees vary based on programs - from 5300 - 7000 USD for the whole program.
|Tuition Fee Break Up||2750 USD/ Year|
|Programme Level||Masters/PG Degree|
|Course Type||Full Time|
|Eligibility (For Domestic Fee)||All international students|
|Other Requirements||For Masters programs, a first honors degree is important with at least upper second class.|
|Special Application Instructions||NA|