The mission of the Georgian National University SEU is to create a modern university atmosphere which will enable students to actualize their personal opportunities, offer modern knowledge in Georgian educational setting and on success oriented academic foregrounding raise national awareness in the process of building civic society.
SEU in search of accomplishing its mission will provide students with:
- Academic independence
- Freedom of choice and opportunities
- Critical thinking
- Realizing responsibility for their own deeds
- Encouragement of success
- Enhancement of personal opportunities
Educational Service in SEU is oriented on:
- Challenges of modern knowledge in correspondence with modern demands
- Advantageous conditions for disabilities
- Encouragement of students’ and faculty mobility
- Collaboration with Georgian and foreign higher institutions
- Providing graduates with further perspectives on national and international levels
The University leads studies on faculties of business administration, social sciences, medicine, law and educational management.
The Georgian National University SEU was founded in 2001 at first as the Ilia Chanchavadze National University of Georgia. Since 2007 the university has offered the modern standard building to it students on the new address and since then the university location is in the historical part of Tbilisi, Isani-Samgori District, Tsinandali st. 9. In 2009 the university was accredited by the National Accreditation Centre (GAC). In 2014 the university was authorized in accordance with the new authorization standard until 2020. At present 23 accredited educational programs, 9 BA programs, 7 additional Minor programs, 1 single-stage and 5 MA programs function in the university. On four different faculties of the university - business administration, social sciences, law and medical faculty. There are 133 faculties and 97 adjunct professors.
In 2014, 2015 and 2016 the Georgian National University SEU appears to be one of the demanded universities in the Georgian educational sphere.