Established in 1982, the University of Health Sciences Antigua (UHSA) located in Dow’s Hill, Piccadilly on the beautiful island of Antigua, is an outstanding academic institution dedicated to educating exemplary physicians, nurses, postgraduates and researchers in accordance with the highest professional standards who will integrate clinical, biomedical and behavioral knowledge to promote the health and well-being of patients and communities.
UHSA is committed to educating physicians and health care professionals who will address national and international challenges in medicine with an emphasis on primary care and be known for excellence in practice, service, compassion, collegiality and scientific curiosity while demonstrating sensitivity to the diverse cultural environments in which medical care is delivered.
At the University of Health Sciences Antigua, we are actively seeking men and women who are committed to the goal of making a positive contribution to health care. Do you want to be part of this journey to reach this goal? We invite you to continue your quest and explore all that UHSA has to offer.
The UHSA Advantage
- Graduate success: UHSA has practicing graduates from over 21 countries that represent nearly every medical specialty.
- Small class size: You are more than just a number; you are family. Experience a personalized education.
- Clinical experiences from day one: With an extensive list of USA and UK Hospital Affiliations, UHSA students are treated with the highest priority when it comes to hospital placement.
- Study in paradise: Study and live on our safe and secure 50-acre campus
- U.S. based integrated curriculum
Recognition and Licensure
- Listed in the Avicenna Directory of Medical Schools, formerly the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Recognized by the Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Recognized by the Antigua & Barbuda National Accreditation Board (ABNAB)
- Listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED).
In addition, medical students are also eligible to take the United States Medical Licensing Examinations (USMLE), the Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board (PLAB), and the Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Examination (MCCQE). Nursing students are eligible to take the NCLEX examinations for licensure.